Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Christy: Running to stand still

So basically this weekend has been crazy. Really really fun but also one of those weekends when you're running from thing to thing so fast that you don't really have time to let anything sink in. Friday was my friend's fine arts graduation vernissage. A vernissage is a name for the opening night of an art show and there's usually food and wine. It was really good to see the amazing stuff my friend has been doing. It always amazes me the way people can be so talented artistically.

To the Vernissage I wore a dress I bought at my favorite boutique Boudoir. Its dresses often remind me of some I've seen on Modcloth except that Boudoir has the most fab sales rack which i always check on my way by the boutique.
This is a dress I bought last fall. It's very simple but I love the fabric of the skirt. I took these pictures on self timer in the five minutes before I dashed out the door so they aren't my best. I hope you can get a sense of the outfit anyways.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's the earrings I was wearing which my friend from Mexico gave me.
Photobucket

and the bracelet which is real turquoise which my dad brought me back from New Mexico
Photobucket
and a detail of the fabric
Photobucket

For the Vernissage I also got to wear my new gladiator sandals out. I really like my new pair because they are very plain but also elegant. it isn't real leather but they aren't garish as some of the ridiculous sandals you see people wearing which look like they were assembled from the dollar store craft section.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of shoes, I got to wear my favorite pair of heels to my friend's wedding on Saturday. The wedding was beautiful and the bride stunning. There was an open bar and dancing and I was at at table with my friends so I had a first rate time. I wore my heels for the first part of the dancing but then my feet wanted to be a bit freer so eventually I took them off and just crazy danced in my bare feet. Here's a picture of my favorite heels. I like them because they're leather and very comfortable even though they're pretty high.


Photobucket
Here's what I was wearing to the wedding. This is the only picture I could find, which was one that my friend posted on facebook.
Photobucket
That flapper dress actually deserves its own post which I'll try to do in the future. I'll just say that dancing in that dress is a whole new experience.

One last thing: my friend had this first rate vintage leather purse that her mother embossed as a teen ager when that kind of thing was cool so I had to take a picture
Photobucket

I'm sorry this post is so long. There were just so many pictures I wanted to include.
I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer :)

2 comments:

Matilda said...

The floral skirt looks great on you!
And your friend's little bag is really amazing!

Laura said...

I'm obsessed about that leather purse!! And your flapper dress...I really want that :P And I love the outfit you're wearing in the first pic, everything goes together very well indeed.