Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christy: Where are you going in that skirt?

I finally took pictures of my new silk skirt and I'm a little bit in love with it. It was one of those things that I pulled off the rack simply because i loved the colour and then was pleasantly surprised when it fit me. Normally I only but short skirts but I've been wanting to try a bit of a longer skirt and I was inspired by blogger All this Happiness's skirt in this post.
I took the pictures in my normal spot in my back yard. After wrestling with timer mode for a while I finally got some decent shots.

I think the hat really pulls this outfit together. It's elegant and summery.

Photobucket
I don't really understand my expression in this one. It's a bit strange.
Photobucket

Here's a better shot of my skirt and shoes.

Photobucket
perfect for dancing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I was very excited to find a summer hat I love. What kinds of hats do you wear in the summer?

Outfit details: skirt-thrifted, belt- Thrifted, hat-winners, shoes-thrifted, tank-walmart

10 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh cute cute! So breezy and simple- perfect summer look. haha and i like the first picture! i always feel the same way about my facial expressions though.

Arianne said...

Turquoise is my favourite colour of the year. I'm jealous that you can pull of midi skirts!

A from A + B in the Sea

KANI said...

this summer i'll defs be doing straw hats :)! i am eager to find a perfect summer straw hat that is sunsmart too!

Carys said...

I love when you just grab something that ends up fitting perfectly!! Your skirt is just lovely, what an amazing colour!! And I love your hat too!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Rebecca said...

I've always tended to shy away from longer length skirts too. But they make a nice change, plus this one suits you, such a great colour.

Gillian said...

The skirt is gorgeous, it's such a pretty colour! The hat works really well with this outfit.

Amanda said...

You look gorgeous! I love the color of tat skirt. It's definitely perfect for summer :] Great hat too!

Amelia said...

oh and ps. drop by my blog sometime if you get a chance, i fixed the photos per your advice! thank you, thank you :)

xo.

Miss Woody said...

wow beautiful !

KANI said...

teal is such a great, fresh colour for summer!