Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Laura: The Big Bang Theory...

Yup...everyone is doing it and I just couldn't resist. You should know I thought of many awkward puns to go with this post that were just too juvenile for me to actually post XD (be very glad about that)
I always loooved the look of bangs but never really thought I should do it because of a few rather scarring experiences when I was younger (age 5-9, full thick bangs...age 16...bangs that were supposed to be "Sweeping" bangs but I kept making thicker until it looked gross and weird).
Last night after going thru several lovely tumblrs, all full of girls with beautiful bangs, I realized that if I don't do it now I'm never going to do it. Several minutes and one pair of scissors later I was left with a huge chunk of hair in the bathroom sink and my mother wailing "Nooooooo!"
I have to say I'm pretty happy with them. Even though I cut them myself and they're probably a little too thick and short. It's just hair, it'll grow out. :P What say you?
Also, any funny hair-cut stories involving bangs? I would love to hear! :D

8 comments:

Carys said...

The bangs really suit you!! I remember I loved Edith Piaf so much (and still do, of course!)that my cousin decided to give me a haircut like hers when she was young-really, really short bangs. At first I thought it was a terrible mistake, but I still have them years later (although I get them done by a hairdresser now).
Well done on your haircut, you look so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Beatrice said...

this is wonderful! I love the whole vibe of the blog so much :)

kisses x

Check me out at...

http://roses-are-blue.blogspot.com/

Christy said...

ohhh i like them! super good job on self cutting bangs :)

Amanda said...

Oooh, I love the bangs! They really make your eyes stand out, if that makes sense. This reminds me that I have to trim mine soon, ah.

No funny hair stories here, but my sister did shave her eyebrow off one time on accident. It was quite funny haha.

Rand T said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!
xx

Rebecca R said...

Good job :P

I didn't cut bangs (though I didn't have thick ones when I was 8-10, made my round face even shorter), but I did chop off the sides one time with dog scissors....

La pépite modeuse said...

I follow you

KANI said...

they look great! it's hard having drastic changes to your hair but i think you'll come to love them :) the only problem i have with bangs is that they get greasy very fast!