Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christy: Well hey 2011, what are you doing here?

I just made turkey soup out of the left over turkey carcass from Christmas. Which seems kind of a fitting thing to do on New years day: you know, make something new out of something old.
Ok that's officially my corny statement of the day.
Photobucket
These pictures are actually from new years eve at my parent's house before I packed up and headed back to my apartment.
Last night we had a really fun New Year's eve party at our apartment. It wasn't a huge party but it was the perfect amount of people: enough for it to be festive but not too rowdy. At midnight we opened the bubbly (with more or less success depending on the bottle. my bottle took a few extra tugs so maybe it was 12:01 when the cork popped) The party ended around 3 am when I was nearly asleep on the floor. When one of the hosts is mumbling " no no, I don't need to go to bed. The floor is really nice" that's usually a sign that people should start either going home or finding places to sleep on the sofas and floor.
Photobucket
I didn't dress up super fancy but it was a really comfy outfit. I got some new leggings for christmas so that was a cue for me to re-discover all my dresses that are really too short without leggings under them.
Photobucket
We woke up at 6:45 this morning to see the first sunrise of 2011. What we mostly ended up seeing was a mist-rise but it was still a cool experience, standing huddled together in the chilly morning by the canal, watching the street lights disappear into the fog.
On our way back to the warm apartment we theorized about the symbolic meaning of a first foggy morning of the new year. I'm not sure what it is about the beginning the year, everything seems symbolic and significant.
Photobucket
I'm excited for the new year, hopefully it will see me blogging and living more.
I have yet to produce some new year's resolutions but who knows. Maybe some will appear at the last minute.

Lots of love
Christy

Outfit details: boots-rockport,socks-sears,leggings-HKR, Tunic-HKR,sweater-Stitches,necklace-garage sale,gold chain-gift

12 comments:

Carys said...

Cute outfit, happy new year!! Looking forward to reading more of your blog in 2011.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Kat said...

you look adorable as usual! i am really loving the scarf and the hairbow - they look so cute on you! <3

Henar said...

Lovely outfit, you look so cute!xx

www.ohmyvogue.com

Kat said...

(in reply) i took ballet when i was younger.. as in, ages 3-7 hah! but now i'm craving to do it again. i'm getting really excited; you enjoy the classes?

Winnie said...

Love the layering, you look so cosy!

Hope you have a lovely new year, happy 2011!

Amanda said...

You look so cute! I love that dress. And I'm totally envious of your hair.

Hope you have a great 2011 girl!

xx

KANI said...

happy new year lovely! thanks for reading my blog <3

Aya Smith said...

Look at those boots!!! So perfect. I have been on a desperate hunt for some good ankle/calf-high boots and I think these are inspiring what I am really looking for!

Lovely outfit! :)

Love,
Aya of Strawberry Koi

Ellinor Forje said...

I love your header and your outfit. Thanks for sharing the photos and drop by me too when you have time.

Cheers.

bridesmaids dresses Toronto said...

mm
you are really cutie

taxi Toronto said...

nice legs:)
and outfit, also

car insurance broker Ajax said...

What are legs;)