Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christy: un-even hems

Today is an incredibly grey day and I'm finding it hard to stay cheerful. For me, if I wake up to the sun coming through my window then everything is instantly better.
I have a bit of a back-log of outfit pictures so this outfit is from a few days ago.
Photobucket
I love having winter boots that I can wear under skirts without feeling ridiculous.
Photobucket
This is a dress that I found at a tiny thrift store in BC. It was the kind of thrift store where everything is 2$ instead of the horribly inflated prices of 7$ or 10$.
It was a long dress which looked a bit like a nightgown before I altered it and my friends with me were laughing at me a bit for wanting it but I realized it would be really cute short. I feel like a lot of thrift shopping is just seeing the possibilities in strange pieces of clothing.
Photobucket

Outfit details: Necklace-gift,dress-thrifted, black tights, boots-rockport

6 comments:

Unknown said...

you are sssooo adorable! I love that dress it is so super cute :) love how you styled it!

xoxo

Ella Preuss said...

I agree with Chelsea, you look adorable in that outfit!
Love the dress!

xo,
Ella

ellapress.blogspot.com

Juf Valerie Coveliers said...

Hi girl!
How are you?

Your blog is very nice!
Come check mine &. Would you like to follow each other?

Hugs &. Kisses, Valerie
@ screamyourfeelingsout.blogspot.com

Bea said...

Such a dainty and pretty dress, Christy! Good job altering it too. Tres resourceful.

Bea from A plus B

Anonymous said...

lovely dress....great blog!


x
http://inanothercornerofparadise.blogspot.com/

Jessica Stewart said...

I did not know that you had a blog (and such a cool one at that)!!
I am definitely going to read it when I can :)

Where was the thrift store? because that dress is cuuuute

<3