Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christy: deep freeze

Brrrr it's -21 without the wind chill today. I have a pair of black micro-fiber long underwear which kind of look like leggings so I'm wearing those today along with over the knee socks.
Very cozy, but not quite cozy enough to stop the icy wind.
but instead of posting those pictures I'm going to post these which are from a day when it was at least warm enough that I could stand on our porch without dying.
Photobucket
Last night I went skating with my roommate and some international students and it was so so cold. I was wearing two pairs of gloves and my hands were still freezing. It reminded me of how much I love skating. I just need to drag my butt out of my apartment to go more often.
Do any of you skate? I can go really fast and kind of skate backwards but I can't do any fancy tricks.
Photobucket
Hope you are all staying warm!
Here's a song I've been enjoying lately. It's a bit strange but I find it kind of beautiful.


outfit details: sweater-Zara, shirt-thrifted, jeans- forever 21, boots-gift

6 comments:

Carys said...

Ice skating, that sounds like so much fun!! I love the scarf too, you look so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

KANI said...

oh christy i like how you tied your scarf into a bow. scarves like these are so versatile, they can be scarves, bows, hair scarves, ties, love them!

jess said...

love the scarf/bow you're wearing! adds a very cute touch to your outfit!

Angela said...

Loving your boots!
Ang xxx

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

My goodness, it looks cold enough on that day! I'm such a wimp with temperatures these days. You look nice, particularly love the scarf (or is it from a blouse?)

Alice In Fashionland said...

Oh dear, it does look freezing!
The scarf is a lovely touch, very cute!