Sunday, February 7, 2010

Collage love


Laura has been collaging more which in turn has inspired me to make a collage. Collage is one of those things that I always enjoy but I don't do that often because of the enormous (ok not really) amount of work it takes to drag out all my magazines and locate some bristle board.

Sometimes when I make collages I start with a set idea but sometimes I just flip through magazines to see what pictures capture my eye. Often this allows my subconscious to direct my art and give the collage a feeling as a coherent whole that I wasn't originally aiming for. The finished product often reflects something i've been feeling or thinking about.

For example, the one directly below, I realized later, or rather someone pointed out to me that everyone's eyes are either cut off or covered in this collage (except for the couple) and i'd put on text that said "things i disliked about my eyes" and as stupid as it sounds. I never never noticed the correlation. Ya...i'm a little slow sometimes.

The first two collages are old and my new one and the close up of it are at the bottom. :)


1 comment:

Laura said...

I really like the second one! I love how you use stuff that's not just people in your collages.