Sunday, September 5, 2010

Christy: healthy grains and new bags

hallelujah! The heat wave is over and I no longer feel like I"m walking through semi-solid air. I don't know if this will help me get re-inspired but at least it means I can start breaking out the sweaters and cardigans again. It also means I can bake and cook without worrying about heating up the apartment.

This week my friend Chloe emailed me the names of some bazars happening in Montreal and I was able to go to two of them. They were kind of hit and miss but We both found some really nice bags.
Chloe found a really kick-ass leather bowling bag. Originally it wasn't for sale because it was just something the lady had used to bring stuff in but she sold it to Chloe for 2$

Photobucket
On the same table I found a black Matt and Nat Purse. It was kind of serendipitous because I had been wanting a bag by them for a while so that was kind of cool.
It's in perfect condition and cost me a steep 3$
Photobucket

Photobucket
Probably my most exciting find though was at the second bazar which is a big strange because most of the stuff there was seriously junk or at least really second rate but just sitting on a shelf with some beat up shoes I found a greenish Coach purse in pretty ok condition except for being a bit dirty. It cost me a crazy 2$

Photobucket
At first I wondered if it was a fake but I'm pretty sure it's not. It also just feels good quality when you touch it. The leather is sturdy and obviously good quality.
Photobucket
Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning leather?

Oh and this posts title? Well I've decided I'm going to learn to cook meals with healthy grains like barley, lentils, millet, quinoa etc. So far everyone I've told this has laughed at me but I find it pretty exciting.
Hope everyone is having a relaxing/fun weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

come and check out the giveaway on my blog, think you will like it!

Amber Schmidt said...

I'm having purse-envy over here! :p

inge luciana said...

nice bags :)

Carissa said...

love the first bag!!

Carissa said...

love the first bag!!

Stevia said...

I love the bowling bags!
especially the color
i love brown color like that
what a bargain you had!

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

Beautiful!! I love the first one!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Noelle Chantal said...

oh my! you are one lucky lady! a signature bag with super cheap prices, so nice! i love the first one, very classic piece. :)

Rebecca R said...

Ooh very nice, like the black one. I've been trying to find a new purse, but I need a rather large one haha! All the ones I see at thrift stores and such are never in very good shape :(