Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring winds

Well frankly the weather doesn't seem to be able to decide whether it's winter or spring or even summer. I was wearing a wool sweater belted today and I was too warm inside but too cold outside. I hope the weather gets its act together soon.

I took pictures of what i was wearing in the backyard which was a bit of a challenge as my dog Killarney was being her usual helpful self and climbing on the picnic table where i was trying to balance the camera. Also killarney has hurt her paw and has five stitches in it so she has to wear the "cone of shame' to make it impossible to get at her paw. Needless to say she is less than pleased.

I'm not sure if what I'm wearing in these pictures works. My friend was laughing at me a bit because she thought the sweater looked bulky but I still feel it's balanced out by the skirt and tights.
any thoughts?


Photobucket

the sky was deceptively blue, making me feel like it should have been really warm out.
note the cute baby green buds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

killarney looking mornfully out of her cone of shame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

outfit details:
skirt-simons
sweater-garage sale
shoes-keds
shirt-smart set
belt-Russia

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hmmmm...I like the premise of your outfit, but I kinda agree with Claire (well not to the point of laughing :P). *thinks*
If the sweater didn't "bulk" out at the bottom, you know, it would be fine...but it does...It would work maybe if you tucked the sweater in to a highwaisted skirt (not sure how that would look, but it would get the bulk away). Or if you didn't use the sweater and just had a T shirt or something like tank top and belted it (I love the belt).
Generally when belting something if the top billows out underneath, like a peasanty top, I think that if it billows out and then is gathered, it makes you look a bit like you have a belly in a not good way. If it billows out and ISN'T gathered (unlike the sweater, which is), then the silloette works...
It would also probably work better (sweater and belt included) with a pair of skinny jeans instead of the skirt. If you have a more tricky top to pull off, haveing a simple and streamlined bottom always helps.
It's hard....in the last pic, it looks great, but in the first couple, it does look a bit too something...so idk. :P But kudos to you for taking more fashion risks then I ever do XD

Laura said...

Or if you wore darker shoes to keep your legs looking long...or even your heels, that would look great!

Christy said...

ya I see your point. I may try it again with darker skinny jeans and darker shoes. :)

Laura said...

You should try the sweater/belt with many different outfits and take pics...